My Purchasing Center and ProcureCon presented 2015 EPIC Individual Award to Viet Ho, Chief Procurement Officer at Russell Investmentsat a luncheon ceremony on February 12 during the ProcureCon Indirect East conference in Orlando, US.
It is the third year that My Purchasing Center and ProcureCon recognize procurement professionals with the Excellence in Purchasing Indirect Categories Awards. Susan Avery, Editor, My Purchasing Center, and Frank Musero, Executive Director, ProcureCon Events, handed out the awards at the ceremony in front of approximately 300 procurement professionals and others.
2015 EPIC Individual Award winner
ProcureCon Indirect Conference in Orlando.
Who selected the winner – Peers in Procurement Select EPIC Award Recipients
A panel of Chief Procurement Officers (CPOs) and leaders in procurement. The 2015 EPIC Awards judging panel consists of:
- William E. Bagley, Vice President, Global Procurement, Unum
- Quave Burton, Vice President, Global Expense Management, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Charen Buyce, Director, Global Indirect Procurement, Amway
- David Butler, Vice President, Global Operations and Supply Chain, Philips Healthcare
- John MacLean, Vice President, Purchasing and Transportation, American Airlines
- Mike Rager, Director, Supply Chain, PPL
- Frank Sanders, Director, Corporate Strategic Procurement, Intel
- Brent Shinall, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Rowan Companies
- Frank Musero, Executive Director, ProcureCon Events, Worldwide Business Research
- Susan Avery, Editor, My Purchasing Center
Extract from Viet Ho nomination for the 2015 EPIC Awards:
“When Viet arrived at Russell Investments, sourcing and procurement was decentralized. A team in finance was rubber stamping contracts for the businesses. No one was tracking projects or savings, leveraging standard processes or using spend analytics. There was no category management or supplier relationship management.
Viet defined a mission statement and ensured stakeholder alignment and engagement. He developed relationships with stakeholders and demonstrated how collaboration can yield results. He created a balanced mix on the GSP team, partnered with audit, and demonstrates success to ensure return client business. He brings supplier ideas to stakeholders and senior managers.
Now, Global Sourcing and Procurement has a seat at the table, participating in strategic corporate initiatives that anticipate or use third parties to achieve results. The team is engaged early to partner with the business to define objectives and challenges and is responsible for identifying market solutions that help address the issues or meet the opportunity.”